Barokes innovative Vinsafe wine packaging technology is the recognized global leader in
its field. Barokes is the only company in the world to have international patents
for its wine in a can (Vinsafe) technology. Patents covering 41 countries have
been granted, including Australia, Japan, Korea and China, to name a few. View All Patents
For more information regarding Vinsafe licencing please visit: www.vinsafe.com.au
Barokes are the creators and owners of the innovative and globally patented Vinsafe wine packaging system which
safely allows the sealing of wine in a can to achieve premium quality, product integrity,
stability and longevity (up to 5 years to date). With global patents covering 41 countries
granted to date, this process has been achieved through over a decade of research and
development and is supported by intellectual property, including confidential information,
trademarks, know-how, copyright as well as the Patents for wine in a can globally. Vinsafe
and its depiction (Vinsafe logo) are placed on every can to assure the consumer is aware of
this patented process and the quality control and confidence Vinsafe brings to wine in a
The Vinsafe technology is recognised globally as the leading wine in a can
packaging system. Vinsafe is the seal of quality and the platform that supports and powers
the global wine in a can category and is the only internationally recognised and proven
system of delivering quality wine in a can. Vinsafe represents a researched and proven method
for the packaging of wine in aluminium cans/can bottles. This recognition is largely
underpinned by the success of the Barokes’ products with unquestionable quality having
received over 110 medals at well respected international wine competitions. These accolades
include a Platinum medal and nomination for ‘Best of Show’ and five Gold Medals,
including ‘Best in Class’ against some well known high end wines, some of
which are valued at up to US$65.00 per bottle, which is extraordinary! This level of success
clearly confirms the premium quality of the Barokes range of wines’ and clearly
positions the Vinsafe technology as the leading wine in a can packaging system, placing
Barokes at the forefront of wine in a can global market development.
Vinsafe is the only wine in a can packaging system backed and endorsed
by Masters of Wine and incorporates three vital elements to successfully deliver wine
in a can including: wine construction, can and can lining and filling specifications.
The canned wine category is also one that is quickly growing on a global basis and one
that offers significant opportunities to wine producers looking to reach a younger
generation through new markets and market sectors. Wine producers are looking for a
proven and reliable packaging system with the ability to deliver sustainability, product
integrity, consistent quality, stability and longevity. That's what Vinsafe offers to consumers!
Benefits to the holders of a Vinsafe Licence include:
- Access to over 10 years of proven R&D specifically developed for wine in a can.
- Use of the patented and proven Vinsafe wine in a can packaging system.
- Quality Assurance and control of the Vinsafe platform based on Quality Assurance/Control Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures developed by Barokes for wine in a can and overseen by Masters of Wine and Production Managers with significant experience in wine in a can development.
- Product integrity extended shelf life and increased supply chain efficiencies. Something that wine producers not using the Vinsafe process cannot offer to their customers. Vinsafe offers at least double the shelf life of what is being offered to customers of can manufacturers
- Use of products and services from Vinsafe approved and licensed suppliers (cans, fillers etc.) as part of the quality assurance program that ensures the Vinsafe platform delivers quality, stability and longevity.
- Access to new markets that are subject to the global wine in a can patents held by Barokes.
- Protection from possible wine in a can patent infringement proceedings.
- Support of ongoing R&D to further improve wine in a can. Further patents are pending based on this ongoing R&D to further develop and protect the wine in a can category globally. These patents will be licensed to licensees of the Vinsafe technology.
- Ability to participate in training and information sessions that will help licensed wine producers and fillers to understand the Vinsafe process and how that process will enable them to produce and sell a technically advanced and superior product.
There are opportunities for companies wishing to participate in this
new global wine category created by Vinsafe. Not only wine producers, but fillers and can manufacturers are already being licensed to manufacture cans and fill to Vinsafe specifications.
Interested participants wishing to be involved in the production and packaging of wine in aluminium cans/can bottles require a license not only to obtain the relevant know how, but also to avoid infringing global patents already in place for wine in a can (Vinsafe).
Wine Producers/Vendors |
Filling Facilities |